Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Update

I don’t know if the African man who works in the supermarket near my house read my Mother's Day blog, but he stopped me as I was shopping for groceries on Saturday to ask me if I was a mom. When I said no he asked me what I was waiting for. I asked him how old I looked to him, because I like to tell myself that I look young.

He told me that I didn't look old, but as he waved his finger at me, he gave me some words of wisdom. "Don’t pass the time." he said. "Because if you pass the time, it's going to be very bad for you." I laughed, but he replied. "I'm serious. If you pass the time, it's going to be very bad."

I only went to the supermarket to buy some ground beef and green onions so that I could make burgers for lunch, damn it!

Sheesh, I promise, I won’t 'pass the time.'

No comments:

Post a Comment