Thursday, August 18, 2011

10 Day You Challenge – Day Four: Seven Wants

(I have to narrow it down to seven?!):

1. I want to own a home. When I was 21 and my rent was $380 (Yes, $380 to rent a room! Try finding that today.) After realizing that I was paying my landlord’s mortgage, I did the math.  I could have been using that monthly chunk of money to put towards my own home. It hasn’t happened for me yet and I almost thought this year was the year, but I had to check my breaks. With the way the economy has been, they won’t accept 10% of a down payment anymore, so I have to continue banking my bucks. Homeownership is definitely in my future. It’s not a matter of if, it’s just a matter of when. Renting just does not making any sense to me; it’s a waste of money.

2. I want to travel to Spain, Greece, Italy, Ireland; Go back to London to see my grandparents before they aren’t around to visit anymore. I want to lay on the beaches of Aruba, Dominican Republic… the beaches I want to lay on are endless.

3. I want to be a good driver when I am in the car by myself and there isn’t someone in the passenger seat with his foot on the break in case I miss a stop sign; which I did twice on my last driving lesson. I actually like driving and my instructor keeps telling me that I need to schedule my road test, but I’d rather drive around with him in the car because I feel safe with him. I want to cut the umbilical driving-instructor-cord and venture out in a car on my own (safely) without my safety net. I wonder if he’ll let me hire him to drive around with me after I have my driver’s license.

4. I have two pairs of UGG boots. One for cold, dry days and one for cold, slushy days. UGGs changed my life and how I feel about winter. They are the warmest boots that I’ve ever owned and because of them, I didn’t feel a thing even if it was 0 degrees outside. So I want another pair.

5.  I want the country to figure out how to get rid of bedbugs so that I can go back to living my life like a normal person. When I went to Puerto Rico, I brought GLAD garbage bags with me to put my luggage in once I got there. Not one piece of my clothing went anywhere near the bed. Not even a nightgown or something to sleep in. I thought the issue was getting resolved because you don’t hear about too many places having bedbugs anymore, but yesterday, I saw two bed bug commercials, a special on the news about how to keep them out of your home, and a show on the animal planet that I couldn’t finish watching so that I could keep my anxiety in check. I saw this all in the same day. Just when I was almost believing that they might have figured something out. How hard can it be!!! Please U.S., figure something out so that I can stop putting my clothes in the freezer when I get home. And no, I’m not embarrassed to admit that I do this.

6. I want a pair of the Jessica Simpson earrings (below) in both silver and gold. I’ve seen them in Macy’s for two years and still haven’t bought them. One reason is because I am cheap. I buy a lot of costume jewelry so none of my earrings are over six bucks. These are a whopping 25 bucks. Whoa… I’ll break down and get them one day, unless I find something similar for $6 or less before I buy them. 

7. I want to win the lottery. If I win the lottery I can do all of the above. I can own a home, travel everywhere, buy my driving instructor from the auto school and keep him in the passenger seat forever. I can get bedbugs because I will have enough money to correct the situation. I can buy as many $25 earrings as I want and own as many UGG boots as I want. Winning the lottery seems to be the answer to all of my wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment