Friday, August 5, 2011

Introducing Friends with Benefits - Daisy Fitness

Get your minds out of the gutter. It's not what you think!

Because I have so many great friends with beneficial extracurricular activities (beneficial to me if I ever wanted to use them), I decided to feature each of them in hopes that it will generate business and mula. Hopefully they don’t forget the little people (me) when they are raking in the big bucks.

The Friend: Daisy Santana.

The Benefit: Personal Trainer.



About Daisy and me: I met Daisy, in 1990 in elementary school. Although we also went to the same junior high school we didn’t become good friends until we were in our 20’s because she was a part of the popular crowd and I was…not. Before this we only shared one best friend who is essentially is the reason that Daisy and I are friends. Since our friendship blossomed, we have bonded over our mutual love for all things fun, fashion and style and dancing; especially Salsa dancing.

There are some people who are just born stylish. When you look at their childhood photos there are no goofy ones, just a stylish little girl. Daisy is that person. I had to grow into knowing how to put things together. And if I ever become more famous than I am now, (wink) Daisy has the privilege of being the Personal Stylist to the one, the only, Louise Cazley. Lucky her!!

What I like about Daisy as a friend is that she is honest, she doesn’t gossip, she isn’t judgmental and she has a wonderful heart.

The Business: Daisy Fitness.

When did physical fitness become important to you?
When I was 20 years old, I was working at a company that also had a gym for the employees. Once I began working out there, I enjoyed the way it made me feel; mentally and physically. Since then, I haven’t stopped working out and my love for physical fitness just developed into something that I might want to make into a career.

When did you begin to take the steps to turn your pastime into a career?
I began studying to become a Personal Trainer about 5 or 6 years ago. After attending classes at the gym, and seeing how the different instructors ran their classes, I realized that I also have what it takes to motivate others in fitness. I enjoy when someone feels good about the results they are getting because of a routine we worked on together.

Has it been an easy or difficult road to follow your passion?
I’ve wanted to do personal training for quite some time, but it took a while to take my test which I finally took this year and passed. After two months in the industry, it has been a bit difficult being that I don’t work at a specific gym; so right now I have to train at parks, or at my client’s homes. If I want to make myself more marketable, I have to take more courses so that I gain access to more clientele.

What / who inspires you?
I get inspired by my boxing instructor. He started working in the industry about 15 or so years ago and also and found his niche. He is a great teacher, personal trainer and he has a great following. People follow him throughout the city to take his class.

For more information about Daisy Fitness, please visit her Facebook Fan Page under Daisy Fitness or contact her at daisyss30@gmail.com.

I believe that the best way to live a fulfilled life is to make a living doing something that you are passionate about. In a way you spend more time at work than you do at home. How could earning a living off your passion be anything but right!!

Daisy, I wish you all the luck in the world!

~Louise C.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a great person and a great inspiration wish her all the best in all her endeavors!!! Check her out as well on Fun.fit.chic www.funfitchic.net

    www.adventuresofmodernmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete