Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Louise's Restaurant Picks - Stage Door Delicatessen

My thirteenth featured Restaurant Pick is Stage Door Delicatessen:


5 Penn Plaza
(Corner of 33rd Street and 8th Avenue)
New York, NY 10001
Cuisine: Deli, Diners & Coffee Shop

Stage Door Deli is very close to my heart because they feed me plenty. I’m like a little, furry animal. If you feed me, even a little, I’ll love you forever.

Aside from being a restaurant, Stage Door Deli provides catering to many business meetings in the midtown south (west) area, which is how I came to know them.

First, I’ll talk about the food. Everything and I mean everything that I have eaten from this place tastes DE-LISH regardless of whether it is baked ziti or a tortilla chip. And the reason everything tastes so great is because it is home made. Their pico de gallo is to-die-for; their guacamole, mmmm! And I hate avocado. Their salads, their sandwiches and wraps, their soups, their chicken parm… everything is muy delicioso!

Next, I’ll talk about the service. Fantastic!! In corporate offices, professionalism is appreciated and the gentlemen who deliver our catering are extremely polite, courteous and professional. It can’t be easy walking into the middle of a meeting with (sometimes) 30 - 50 hungry people waiting to eat. The deliverymen manage to set up a beautiful spread quickly and discreetly.

And then there is the owner and his two sons (Tom, Nick and George) who feed me all the time. Where I work, we contact Stage Door A LOT for their catering services and regardless of whether I want something or not, they will send me breakfast or lunch depending on what time of day it is. I’ve walked in to work and found egg whites and home fries on my desk. I’m not a fan of egg yolk and I love Stage Door for remembering this about me. (Ha-ha). It’s so minor, but to me, customer service goes so far with the littlest personal touch.

Today, Tom invited me to have lunch at his restaurant to thank me for all of the business that I have given him throughout the year. It feels like I’m cheating because I am only doing my job, but I am so warmed in my heart for his generosity today and for all of the breakfasts, lunches and cups of tea that he has provided ME throughout this year. Thank you, Jesus! (LOL)

I haven’t read my bible in a very long time (bad Louise), but the reason I am thanking Jesus is because of this scripture:

Matthew 6:26: Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

I try never to take anything I get in life for granted. Thank you Stage Door for being so good to me.

If you are in the Penn Station area and are looking for a great place to eat, do visit Stage Door Deli. You will not regret it!

Visit their website for more of their menu options.

Enjoy and until next time, happy eating!

~Louise C.

Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CazleyLouise
Follow me on Twitter @LouiseCazley

No comments:

Post a Comment